(1) Promotion Description – Maui Jim Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering “Win Our Weekend Getaway!” (the “Promotion”) and will award one (1) Grand Prize via a random selection from eligible entrants. The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on May 31, 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes.
(2) Eligibility - The Promotion is open to legal Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age and/or have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Maui Jim Inc., Eye Recommend, Sunglass Cove, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively “Promotion Entities”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
(3) How to Enter - Visit eyerecommend.mauijim.com or sunglasscove.ca during the Promotion Period and complete the registration form with your first/last name, phone number and email address to receive one (1) entry. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different/duplicitous identities or any other method will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, late, lost, postage-due, mutilated, illegible or contain irregular or invalid information, or are corrupted in any way are void and will not be eligible
(4) Grand Prize – One (1) winner will be randomly selected to receive a trip for two (2) people to his/her choice of Banff, Alberta, Victoria, British Columbia or Niagara Falls, Ontario (Grand Prize Trip”), Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $4,000 USD. Exact value depends upon location of Grand Prize winner’s residence and his/her choice of trip destination. The Grand Prize Trip consists of round-trip coach airfare for two (2) people from the major metropolitan airport closest to the winner’s home (as determined by the Sponsor) to one (1) on the three (3) featured locations, three (3) consecutive nights standard hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy) at a hotel determined by the Sponsor and use of a mid-size rental car for the duration of the stay. Winner’s traveling companion must be 18 years of age or older and winner and traveling companion must travel on the same itinerary. Winner or his/her traveling companion must be a licensed insured driver 25 years of age or older to make use of the rental car portion of the Grand Prize Trip. The Grand Prize Trip does not include ground transportation to/from the residence of the winner and his/her travel companions to airport of departure/return, hotel parking surcharges, excursions, meals, snacks, beverages, gratuities, accident, baggage or trip cancellation insurance, personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, premium hotel services or any other amenity or service not specifically mentioned in the above description. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Grand Prize Trip or any of its components with items of equal or greater value, not to exceed a total ARV of $ 4,000 for the Grand Prize Trip. Travel must be booked a minimum of 30 days in advance of desired departure and must be completed by May 31, 2017 and travel restrictions and black-out dates apply. Once trip/travel components have been purchased, no change, extension or substitution of travel dates is permitted.
Grand Prize Trip winner and his/her travel companions will each be required to provide a valid government issued photo ID at time of travel. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at hotel check-ins for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, room service, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the prize). If Grand Prize Trip winner’s legal residence is within a fifty (50) mile radius of the selected destination city (as determined by Sponsor), the airfare portion of the prize will be forfeited, and replaced with a $200 travel allowance. If Grand Prize Trip winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize Trip with no travel companion no additional compensation will be awarded. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize Trip are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or any other promotional benefit. No code-share flights, one-way trips or upgrades allowed. Grand Prize Trip winner is solely responsible for any and all excess baggage charges, upgrades, taxes and any other charges incurred after or in connection with the issuance of airline tickets. Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize Trip winner’s possession, or in the possession of the Grand Prize Trip winner’s travel companions. Grand Prize Trip travel is subject to capacity controls, availability and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Unless otherwise necessitated by prize provider, no stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Grand Prize Trip; if a stopover otherwise occurs, the Grand Prize Trip will terminate and full fare will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Once hotel and flight arrangements have been confirmed, no changes will be allowed except by Sponsor. Any unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize Trip travel package elements will be forfeited by the Grand Prize Trip winner and will remain the property of Sponsor.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available with the total value of $4,000 USD. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
(5) Prize Awarding – The Grand Prize Trip winner will be randomly selected in a drawing conducted on or about June 15, 2016. Potential Grand Prize Trip winner will be contacted within two (2) business days of the drawing by phone, e-mail and/or USPS and will be required to satisfactorily complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), (“Affidavit”). The Affidavit must be returned within seven (7) days of provision of the document. Potential winner will also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsor) as proof of age and residency. Non-compliance with any of these requirements will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification and/or the Affidavit as undeliverable will result in disqualification, forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner. Winner’s traveling companion will be required to sign and return a Liability Release/Publicity Release/Proof of Age document prior to travel. Sponsor has no obligation for compensation or reimbursement of any kind if the verified Grand Prize Trip winner has accepted the Grand Prize Trip, travel arrangements have been booked/purchased and Grand Prize Trip Prize winner (and/or his/her traveling companion) cannot take or complete the Grand Prize Trip for any reason.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish winner's proper name and province or territory of residence online in connection with the Promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. Prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item (b) redeem the prize for cash or (c) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. All federal, provincial, territorial, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
All decisions of the Sponsor in any matter relating to this Promotion shall be binding and final. Sponsor is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, late, lost, misdirected or postage due mail, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants found tampering with or abusing any, aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the judges, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate entrant's eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Maui Trip Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of Sponsor and Entrants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the Commonwealth of Illinois, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted, without resort to any form of class action, solely within the Commonwealth of the state courts of Illinois and federal courts located within such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of the Promotion. In the event any provision of these Official Rules will be held to be unenforceable, these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect without such provision.
(7) Information about the Winner - To receive the name of the Grand Prize Trip winner by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 15, 2016 to: Win Our Weekend Getaway Winner Information, PO Box 26597, Scottsdale, AZ 85255.
Maui Jim Inc.
8300 N. Allen Road
Peoria, IL 61615
Extra Mile Marketing
9443 E. Conquistadores Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255-4344